There are many fair, reputable taxi companies in Prague, but there are also scam taxis that take advantage of tourists. … If you get scammed by a fake driver, it’s safest to pay the cost and choose a reputable taxi company for your next ride.
Is it safe to use Uber in Prague?
Don’t worry, it’s totally safe to use Uber in Prague, both UberPOP, and UberBLACK. We personally use Uber cars many times a week and have never encountered any incidents. Also, there haven’t been any incidents since Uber began offering services in Prague almost three years ago.
What are taxis like in Prague?
In general, taxis in Prague are really cheap compared to other popular cities in Europe. The rates for taxi rides in Prague are calculated using the fare per one kilometer + entry fee: Average fare per one kilometer is 24 CZK ($0.90) Standard entry fee is 40 CZK ($1.50)
Is it safe to walk in Prague at night?
The rate of violent crime is low and most areas of Prague are safe to walk around even after dark. Be careful on Wenceslas Square. It is usually packed with tourists and the crowds make things easy for pickpockets. There have also been cases of trusting “love-seekers” being robbed of all their money at night.
How do I get a taxi in Prague?
How to order taxi in Prague
- Web order. Enter your requirements and order AAA TAXI by web .
- Mobile app. Download our smartphone app and order AAA TAXI quickly, easily and conveniently. …
- Phone – nonstop customer line. Is available to you nonstop customer service on the phone: +420 222 333 222.
- Web Call Direct.
Do you tip taxi drivers in Prague?
When it comes to tipping taxi drivers, it is acceptable to round up the fare. Sometimes you’ll get a particularly friendly or helpful driver, though, in which case you should tip around 10-15% of the fare price. For a hotel porter, tip 1 EURO per bag.
What should I avoid in Prague?
What to Avoid in Prague: Tourist Schlock
- Karlova Street. …
- Concerts — or anything for that matter – sold by people in period costumes. …
- Wenceslas Square at Night. …
- Astronomical Clock Show on the Hour. …
- Prague’s Scams and Overcharging at Tourist Restaurants.
How much is taxi from Prague airport to Old Town?
Cost of taxi from Prague airport to Old Town is around US$60-100. The price is usually not know in advance. Better option is to book private transfer from Prague airport to hotel for US$25 / per car here.
How much is a taxi from Prague airport to city Centre?
Taking a Prague airport taxi is the most convenient and quick option. The ride to the city of Prague costs approximately 27€ (694 CZK) and it takes around 35 minutes.
Does Uber work in Prague airport?
Uber is available at Prague Airport, so you can enjoy a convenient and comfortable trip to wherever you need to go.
Is English spoken in Prague?
English in Prague
In Prague, a great number of native citizens speak English at least a bit. And at the tourist hotspots, restaurants in the centre, hotels, and gift shops, knowledge of the English language is taken for granted.
Do and don’ts in Prague?
Here are my top do’s and don’ts and tips for visiting Prague to ensure you have the best experience possible.
- Don’t line up like a tourist to get into popular attractions.
- Do know the scams and don’t let your guard down.
- Don’t expect people to smile at you.
- Do take a secret food tour with a local.
What does 3 KK mean in Czech?
A: Kk stands for kitchen corner. It is common for new buildings that the kitchen is a part of a living area instead of a room by itself. So if in the apartment is described as 2+kk, it means that there are two rooms and a kitchen corner, and so on for 3+kk, 4+kk, etc.
How do you call a taxi in Prague?
Taxis in Prague
- Every taxi is obliged to be marked with a black and yellow sign “Taxi ” on its roof. …
- If at all possible call a cab, don’t hail one on the street. …
- FOR BOOKING IN PRAGUE CALL 14014 or 222 333 222; Company: A A A radiotaxi s.r.o. AAA Taxi operators speak English.
How do I get a yellow card in Prague?
Get a Yellow card
Apply for a Taxi driver license (Yellow card) at an office in the city of residence. For your application, you will need an ID photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm). You will receive the card in 2-3 weeks.
Does Prague have a metro system?
The Prague Metro covers all areas of the city centre, and extends some distance into the suburbs. The Metro operates 05:00-24:00. Metro lines run a service every 2-3 minutes during peak times, every 4-9 minutes after 19:00. There are 3 metro lines: A (green), B (yellow), C (red).