The Czech are famously known for their beer drinking. In fact, with 188 liters of beer per person per year, the Czechs are the biggest beer consumers in the world (ahead of Austria, Romania, and Germany). In terms of total consumption, the Czechs drank more than 2 billion liters, making the top 20 in the world.
What is Czech most known for?
The Czech Republic is famous for:
- Prague, the historic center of Prague is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Castles, there are several hundreds of castles, chateaus, and mansions in Czechia.
What is Czech Republic famous people?
Famous People from the Czech Republic
- Charles IV (1316-78)
- Gregor Johann Mendel (1822-1884)
- Bedřich Smetana (1824-84)
- Antonín Dvořák (1841-1904)
- Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk (1850-1937)
- Sigmund Freud (1856-1939)
- Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939)
- Franz Kafka (1883-1924)
What is unique about Czech Republic?
The Czech Republic is known worldwide for its mouth-blown decorated art glass and crystal, all individually made. 5. The Czech people have the highest beer consumption per capita in the world. Its first known brewery existed in 993.
What race are Czech?
The Czech ethnic group is part of the West Slavic subgroup of the larger Slavic ethno-linguistical group. The West Slavs have their origin in early Slavic tribes which settled in Central Europe after East Germanic tribes had left this area during the migration period.
What is Czechoslovakia known as today?
On January 1, 1993, Czechoslovakia separated peacefully into two new countries, the Czech Republic and Slovakia. …
What is the most common Czech name?
Today, Eliška is the most popular name among women. Tereza, Adéla, Anna, and Natálie round out the top 5. For men, Honza has finally been usurped. In the current decade, Jakub is the most popular male name, followed by Jan, Tomáš, Adam, and Matyáš.
What religion is Czech Republic?
Presently, 39.8% of Czechs consider themselves atheist; 39.2% are Roman Catholics; 4.6% are Protestant, with 1.9% in the Czech-founded Hussite Reform Church, 1.6% in the Czech Brotherhood Evangelic Church, and 0.5% in the Silesian Evangelic Church; 3% are members of the Orthodox Church; and 13.4% are undecided.
What is the most popular food in Czech Republic?
Roast pork with dumplings and cabbage (pečené vepřové s knedlíky a se zelím, colloquially vepřo-knedlo-zelo) is often considered the most typical Czech dish. It consists of cabbage and is either cooked or served pickled. There are different varieties, from sour to sweet.
What are three interesting facts about Czechoslovakia?
20 Interesting Facts About the Czech Republic
- The Czech Republic ranks as the seventh safest country to live in the world. …
- The country’s expat community is huge. …
- It has the most castles in Europe. …
- The Czech Republic is home to the largest ancient castle in the world. …
- The Elbe River rises in the country.
What food is Czech Republic known for?
10 Traditional Czech Dishes You Need To Try
- Svíčková na smetaně (marinated sirloin) …
- Vepřo knedlo zelo (roasted pork) …
- Řízek (schnitzel) …
- Sekaná pečeně (baked mincemeat) …
- Česnečka (garlic soup) …
- Uzené (smoked meat) …
- Guláš (goulash) …
- Rajská omáčka (beef in tomato soup)